Waffles — are you a fan? Are sweet waffles your favourite, or are savoury waffles more your bag? Back in February, I got in on the waffle action when I paid a visit to He Says She Waffles, a waffle restaurant located in the town of Cirencester in Gloucestershire in the UK.
Described on its website as “the Cotswolds’ first waffle house”, He Says She Waffles offers customers a range of sweet and savoury waffles, as well as breakfast waffles and drinks, in an open-plan restaurant where you can watch your food being cooked. I decided to get some lunch when I visited, and despite being sorely tempted by The Waffle Dog, a hot dog served in a boat-shaped waffle with mustard and tomato ketchup, I decided to plump for a more traditional waffle in the form of the Ham, Cheese & Mushroom — described on the menu as “sliced ham, homemade cheese sauce and sautéed mushrooms”. All savoury waffles at the eatery come with a side salad and Caesar salad dressing, though I opted to not have this as I’m picky like that. 😉 I also chose a Chocolate and Orange milkshake to go with my food.
So what did I make of the restaurant?
- The value for money was great. My waffle cost £5.45 and my milkshake cost £3.40, meaning a total of £8.85. I personally feel that this was a good price to pay for a lunch meal and a drink
- I was happy with the taste of the waffle, and I could definitely taste both chocolate and orange in my milkshake
- The restaurant had a nice atmosphere. I would describe the décor of the place as “kitsch”, as there were lots of quirky things on display. There was also music playing
- Staff were attentive and service was quick. My milkshake came in just a few minutes
- The restaurant space was clean, bar one bit of dropped litter
- Just that one bit of dropped litter
Overall, I was happy with my visit to He Says She Waffles, and would like to go back again, maybe to sample one of the restaurant’s sweet waffles or that hot dog waffle! As my notes only testify to the fault noted above, I’m giving this eatery a rating of four out of five stars.